Welcome to Dreams Inspire Us to Create!

I believe that our hopes and dreams inspire our creativity. If you can visualize what you want to create, you can do it! I hope this becomes a place to explore and share as well as to inspire all who visit to create something special.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sympathy Card

I think one of the hardest things to make is a Sympathy Card. I went online and found ideas. Everything I used to make the card was cut out with my Cricut. It took quite a bit of scrap paper to get the words to be placed exactly where I wanted them. I got the idea of using the velum from a blog I visited. I can't remember which one, I visited so many to find just the right one. After finding this idea, the rest just came together. I embossed a cuttlebug flower in the corner of the envelope as well as the inside of the card then used a little smooch to shine it up,  and make it stand out even more and finished with a few jewels with my irock I am quite happy with the result and have saved the file on my Gypsy. If you are interested in the file, let me know, and I'll give better directions as well as the cartridges used.  Hope you like it. Leave a comment! Thanks
                                                                 Outside of card

                                                                      Inside of card

                                                                          Envelope

2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful card! Did you use any adhesive to attach the vellum or just kept it on using the brads and ribbon? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant card It is beautiful! I'm a new follower, hope you stop by and see me too! cardcraz.blogspot.com
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete